Hello! I am Slavka and I welcome you to my Europe + North America travel blog.
What you’ll find on this website
- in-depth articles about off-the-beaten-path destinations in Europe and North America
- within Europe, my primary focus is on Central European countries (Slovakia, Czechia, Austria, Hungary, Poland) and other states that belonged to the former Austro-Hungarian Empire
- primary focus in North America on Canada, USA and the Caribbean
- practical destination guides with all the information you need to visit and fully experience those places
- detailed itineraries – you can print out and follow step by step
- family travel articles: day trips, weekend getaways and road trips with attention on meaningful and educational experiences
- reviews of tours, attractions, accommodation providers, transportation services and travel gear
- tested travel tips and practical advice + interesting destination information
- travel resources to help you dream up, plan and execute your next trip
- and a whole lot of travel inspiration so you switch off that useless black screen, book that flight and start living your best life
I am an avid traveller who loves to explore this rich and gorgeous planet. On these pages you will find practical information on travel On2Continents between which my heart is split, Europe and North America. I write about destinations, food, culture, nature and tips on family and couple travel. I focus on experiential and educational travel with a bit of adventure.
My travel credentials include over 25 countries (just on the two continents) – I lived and worked longer than a year in five of them. I have travelled as a solo female backpacker, as a kid with a solo parent, as a solo parent with 2 small kids, as part of a couple, as a family with kids, as an interpreter of a group of professionals on a business trip, as a tour guide of a large group on a long, cross-Canada trip, as a tourist in small and large groups and as a certified tourist guide in my hometown of Bratislava.
I love reading travel texts of all sorts to learn about far-away places, plan my own trips and learn about practical hacks and tips. Unfortunately, too many times I come across articles from people travelling for weeks in amazing places where they gain unique experiences. They poetically describe the destinations just to disappoint me, already thrilled and inspired to pack my bags and follow the writers’ footsteps, because I discover that these bloggers don’t mention where that fantastic dish was served, how much it was, where that cozy family hotel is located, how was it called and how to get there. Way too many travel bloggers inspire me, then leave me hanging and totally disappointed due to a lack of practical information I could print out and follow. And this is exactly what I promise to not do here. I will always let you know the what, how, where, when, how much, why and why not. I want you to use my tips, information and experience to not just wake your traveller’s soul, but to also plan your own exciting trips. And if you can’t travel, then I want you to experience those places through my eyes, words, photos and videos.
I also admit I may not always write about what you want to hear. I am opinionated. I’ll bring you my honest view of the beautiful and the ugly. The travel business tries to lure you to the amazing and fantastic, but the world also has its grey side.
I hope you enjoy reading my articles as much as I enjoy writing them. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email me.
- Almost all photographs and videos on this blog are my own. Many of the photos and video clips are for sale, so if you would like to use them for your projects, feel free to contact me for pricing and sizes: on2continents (at) gmail (dot) com
- Would you like to partner with me, please visit the WORK WITH ME page.
Sign up for my free email list to join hundreds of readers getting family travel tips, road trip itineraries, free checklists, travel resources, hiking, and gear reviews once or twice a month. Also, subscribe to On2Continents YouTube channel, with over 50 videos, which is a great visual addition to this website.